Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Dad!

Our Dad who was born on October 7th, 1940 and passed away January 31st, 2013 was a great man. He grew up tough and always looked out for his family. When they were threatened and in danger he packed them up and moved them to safety. He stood up for himself, his family and others. He always taught me to protect your family and help people when you can. He loved us all and would have defended any one of us. He loves god and I know he is in heaven with his siblings, my sister Laura and my grandparents. I know what his expectation is of people and do my best to live up to it.

It's been a rough ten years without you, but you probably knew it would be. You always seemed to have an insight about people and things. I know you think I never payed attention or listened much. But actually I was the quite one growing up and heard everything. Including the time you asked me not to call you speed bump lol. You mean the world to all of us. I enjoyed our times together as union stewards, lunches and talks. I wish you could have seen my degrees from college. But knowing you, you are probably still keeping an eye on us. Miss you Dad glad you visited Michael like you did. God Bless you!

1 comment:

  1. It is hard to believe it has been one year today. I am still so very heartbroken, although I picture him in a better place. Somewhere waiting for the rest of us to join him. Thank you to Jesus, Mary and Joseph for guiding him. Thanks Tom for this blog so we can share.

    ReplyDelete